I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one who gets so frustrated at the way characters in my favorite books are: acting, who they are dating, who they are not dating, life decisions, etc. I found a great outlet for this in Fanfiction. I’ll admit I started with this way back in High School, when I was bored with something I’d just go read Fanfiction.
Of course there is always those characters that I feel would hit it off great with characters from another book, or movie. Or those who I’d wonder what would happen if one character was raised by someone else. That sort of thing. So I thought I’d do a post on my favorite Fanfiction stories, I’ll warn you now, that some have evolved into series themselves and the authors of them are amazing. Some are no longer in print on the sites, for reasons only known to the authors and others I believe could be made into amazing stories that could be printed if the authors wanted. (If I’m not mistaken Fifty Shades of Grey started out as Twilight fanfiction, I actually think the fanfiction version is better than the actually twilight series, but that’s just me!) I’m including a link to the story as well as the author for those of you who want to try something new. I’ve probably read just about every combination out there for most of these stories, so if you’re looking for something comment down below and I can send you in the right direction.
Warning: There are some that have M/M Slash pairings. If you don’t like them then you don’t have to read them. These are just a list of MY favorite ones.
Harry Potter Fanfiction
- A Marauder’s Plan by CatsAreCool: Sirius decides to stay in England after escaping Hogwarts and makes protecting Harry his priority. AU GOF.
- An Aunt’s Love by Emma Lipardi: Harry comes home from school and Petunia is upset at the change in her nephew. Petunia decides to do what she should have been doing all along. Dumbledore had better stay away. Petunia Dursley is upset. Warnings on profile.
- Benefits of Old Laws by ulktante: He was sick of being lied to and sick of them. So he makes a deal with Death himself to get a second chance, all so he could finally feel love. But Death has other plans for his ‘Master’, and he intends to see that the two bickering children known as Lucifer and Micheal never have their fight. Can Dean recover his former status as Master of Death, or will he lose everything?
- Black Fortunes by Herald-MageAnduli :Harry breaks the mirror after the end of the war. He is sent back to 1975 and takes up the mantle of Lord Peverell. He hopes to turn around the tragic Black family story. How? By getting newly widowed Lord Orion Black to fall in love with him. SLASH, Mpreg, Time-Travel, mild Character Bashing. Orion Black/Harry Potter, sub!Harry
- Fixing Past Mistakes by DebsTheSlytherinSnapefan: Harry didn’t appear at Hogwarts causing concern. Albus immediately head’s out to Privet Drive to find out what was going on, along with Minerva and a reluctant Severus Snape. What they find out changes everything for everyone in the wizarding world. Is there a chance for anyone to go back and fix past mistakes? is there any hope at all for the magical world? cover pic – Harry’s cub
- Harry Crow by robst: What will happen when a goblin-raised Harry arrives at Hogwarts. A Harry who has received training, already knows the prophecy and has no scar. With the backing of the goblin nation and Hogwarts herself. Complete.
- Harry Potter: Blessed by Fates by FrankieSpitfire: The war is over and done with, Voldemort is no more. Harry returns to Hogwarts to finish his education. But life has a few more things in store for The Boy Who Lived. Defeating the Dark Lord was easy. Dealing with friends, enemies and love, proves to be much more difficult. Harry and his friends discover that growing up isn’t all that fun. HP/LM, DM/BW, RW/NL, HG/FW This is SLASH
- Harry Potter: Strength of a Family by KRAftdinnER: A Hogwarts experience where Harry has people actually helping him face his destiny. Features a greater good Dumbledore, a tormented Snape, a free Sirius, and parents that lived. Read as Harry becomes the next great leader of the light with his friends and family helping him along the way. Plot line follows canon for most part but with several key changes. H/HR. Super H & Voldemort
- Magnolia Crescent by LadyElemental: Instead of watching, Black talks to Harry before the Knight Bus arrives. This simple and seemingly small decision opens new doors for Harry, giving him more spells, new abilities, and a new outlook on people in general.
- Of Fathers and Godfathers by SolemnMischiefManager: What if Sirius hadn’t actually died during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries? What if he came back with another familiar face? How much would this change the Chosen One’s future?
- Reboot by Kallanit: Very loosely based on the Reptilia28 Don’t Fear the Reaper Death Challenge, whereby Harry gets to relive his life. As do a couple of other people. What effect does this have on Harry’s life and the Voldemort Blood wars? Not a Discworld crossover, but the story did cry out for some guest appearances by Death’s granddaughter. HP/HG, SS/OC, not HG/SS. Rating & Genres may change later.
- So Much For No Strings Attached by The Potters of the Future: In a fit of passion Harry Potter and Lucius Malfoy have a one night stand. Will they survive family, betrayal and war. Warnings: eventual mpreg, slash, relationship of a teenager and adult, mentions of child abuse MW/RW/GW/HG/AD bashing I have adjusted the age of Harry to 16 and removed most explicit scenes. Also posted on Ao3 under the same title/pen name
- The Blacks are Back! by VelvetyNightSky: AU Post GoF. When Arcturus Black sees something unusual on the family tree, he starts to investigate…and gets a whole lot more than he bargained for. Dumbledore and Voldemort aren’t what they seem, and a couple of his family members are suspiciously alive. So, he does what all Blacks do when they realize something’s wrong: they take over.
- The Definition of Normal by Ducky1776: Harry is adopted by a black shaggy dog when he leaves Privet Drive after blowing up Aunt Marge. His experiences at the Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley afterwards takes his life in a whole different direction. He gets help from unexpected directions – the goblins and the DMLE. AU Third Book. No Pairings. Unofficial subtitle: Where everyone gets what they deserve.
- The Heir of Corvus I-IV by Lady Treason: Taken from a doorstep ten years previous, Harry James Potter-Corvus, the heir to the throne of the Corvus Clan is a vampire, and he’s damn proud of it. Now, the Wizarding world is about to find out what happened to their hero. Will they recognize talent when they see it, or will prejudice get in the way? (Lady Treason has removed her stories from the internet so you can’t find them anymore, but as it was one of my favorites I had to add it. She also never finished it as far as anyone can tell, which is a shame because she was an amazing writer. I have these downloaded in pdf/epub/mobi format if someone wants to read them)
- The Pride’s Hatching by PetraKitty: A Potions accident leads to a de-aged Draco being taken into the Lion’s Den and things go down the rabbit hole from there. What is The Pride of Gryffindor, and what is going on at Hogwarts? Surprises abound in a tale of the repercussions of greed and betrayal. This accident may lead to the Wizarding World’s salvation…or downfall. **Very AU. Eventual Slash. Snarry pairing.**
- The Rise of the Drackens by StarLight Massacre: Harry comes into a very unexpected inheritance. He is a creature both rare and very dangerous, a creature that is black listed by the British Ministry. So now he must avoid detection at all costs, whilst choosing his life partners and dealing with impending pregnancy at just sixteen. With danger coming not just from the Ministry but even other creatures, what was he supposed to do?
- We Stand United by EmmyR: Harry brought back Pettigrew at the end of the Third Task, changing the course of the war. With his godfather by his side, he learns the importance of having allies during turbulent times, even if they are unexpected. How will the Wizarding world react to this new, proactive Harry?
- Wisdom of a Seer by kalinzar: Harry brought back Pettigrew at the end of the Third Task, changing the course of the war. With his godfather by his side, he learns the importance of having allies during turbulent times, even if they are unexpected. How will the Wizarding world react to this new, proactive Harry?
Harry Potter Crossover Fanfiction
- Back in Black By: sakurademonalchemist: He was sick of being lied to and sick of them. So he makes a deal with Death himself to get a second chance, all so he could finally feel love. But Death has other plans for his ‘Master’, and he intends to see that the two bickering children known as Lucifer and Micheal never have their fight. Can Dean recover his former status as Master of Death, or will he lose everything?
- Child of the Storm by Nimbus Llewelyn: New Mexico was not the first time Thor had been a mortal. It was only a refinement of the technique. What if James Potter had been Thor, incarnated as a memoryless newborn? On his death, Odin removed his memories as James, due to grief. In Harry’s Third Year, a (mostly) reformed Loki restores them. Harry now has a father, a family and a heritage that is going to change the world.
- Leaving for a Family by Princess101855: Harry has had enough. Finally cracking when his name comes from the Goblet, he runs to the States to an old friend. Will he get the family he always wanted? Or will the Wizarding World demand their saviour back to save them? T for now unless otherwise.
- Magic of Torchwood by Caz251: Ianto Jones was not just the Torchwood Archivist he was much more than that, he was a wizard, a Slytherin and a friend of Lily Evans. When Ianto finds out where her son is living he takes him into his home and makes him his son. Janto slash. Father!Ianto.
- Meet Uncle John by kirallie: Instead of watching, Black talks to Harry before the Knight Bus arrives. This simple and seemingly small decision opens new doors for Harry, giving him more spells, new abilities, and a new outlook on people in general.
- Prince of Asgard by Drakenn: New Mexico wasn’t the first time when Asgard appeared on Earth, it happened earlier and now it has far reaching consequences. I don’t own HP or Avengers.
- Sammy’s A What? by kirallie: AU. Slash. In the final battle against Lucifer a life is lost but a new one begins.
- The Triumph of These Tired Eyes by AnarchicMuse: In his several millennia of existence Loki Odinson, God of Mischief and Lies, had been many things; he had been a liar, a warrior, and a trickster, just to name a few, but never before had he been a loving father, he’d never been given the chance. However, the moment the tiny creature was in his arms, he knew he would do anything necessary to keep hold of what was his.
Stephanie Plum Fanfiction
- Change in the Wind by veiland: Stephanie is left alone in Trenton with the RangeMen while Ranger is in the wind, Joe’s undercover, and Tank, Lester, and Bobby are busy elsewhere. How does this impact her life & what changes will she make to be with the man she loves. Can she handle being alone? Will she ever make a choice? Will she finally live up to her potential? MATURE situations . BABE HEA, Cupcake friendly.
- Change in the Wind: The One Shots by veiland: A collection of one shot stories inspired by YOU! Keep ’em coming! If you like what you read, contribute to my one-shot list. You’ll find the link on my profile. The characters can be any out of Change in the Wind and I don’t have a lot of rules. Use your imagination!
- Change in the Wind: The Side Stories by veiland: I’m going to use one story to contain all my side stories from now on, so keep an eye on this story; it will be updated right along with Change in the Wind.
- Fate By Design by stephfan6511:An AU story where Stephanie Plum is living in Miami. It takes us through college and into adulthood with a unique set of twists and turns that will lead to her eventual HEA. Many original characters and some new ones join the fun. Babe/MM friendship story. Does contain Drama and Angst!
- Saving Julie by bkc04:While Ranger is in the wind, Stephanie gets a call from a hysterical Julie to save her from a bad home situation. Stephanie scrambles to bring Julie home with her to live all while Ranger is gone with the help of the Merry Men. How will Ranger react when he returns from a mission with his 14 year old daughter in Trenton? BABE story! NOT Cupcake Friendly!
- This Never Happened Part 1 by ThisNeverHappenedII: This story is revised and will be completed. What happens when lingerie buyer Stephanie Plum attends a friend’s wedding and meets Capt. Carlos Mañoso? It starts out as a one-night stand, but before long, it’s a lot more! Warning: adult scenes/language. (The original author of this story passed away, so her daughter and friend edited and completed the story for her based on her notes.)
- This Never Happened Part 2 by ThisNeverHappenedII:Finally, the long-awaited conclusion to TNH. With Carlos still off on his mission, Stephanie continues to ‘fly’ as a lingerie designer while dealing with her unsupportive mother, Carlos’ family members and many unexpected events. Adult situations/language. TNH is now finished!
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Crossover Fanfiction
- Buffy and Wookiees by WhiteWolf: What to do if you end up in a dark, dangerous forest? You rescue a puppy and make friends.
- Change of Fate by Razial: The death of Sirius Black causes a lot of changes for Harry and his friends and some trouble for the Wizarding World comes from California.
- Dawn’s New Job by IndraLeigh: When the SGC needs a female translator, the President calls the Scoobies. A frustrated Dawn takes the job.
- Drop in the Ocean Series by echo: Hogwarts gets some new teachers.
- Explains Everything by Shulik: Buffy takes Dawn and moves to Forks, Washington where a new lucrative job along with a university scholarship awaits her. ~Nominated for best Twilight Cross and best portrayal of Buffy~
- Four Square by Joyful: Buffy and Dawn move to Forks and get tangled up in a whole new supernatural world. But they find they don’t mind
- Hemocrates Series by Jaded: When the Buffy Verse ends, two scheming ascended from the ‘Gate verse bring the Champions back…as the children of certain members of the Gate program.
- Keys To Pegasus Series by Hermionetobe: Dawn never expected that being dropped on a planet would lead her too so many things.
- Let the Black Waves Roll by J. Maria: This is what happens when a Watcher of average abilities is forced into tight quarters with a Bear who’s faced numerous heartaches. Sanctuary will never be the same. Resurrected ‘Verse
- Star Wars Verse by Naitch: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom’s Menace, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Chosen, Star Wars- Episode III: Revenge of the Witch, Star Wars- Episode IV: Hope Reborn, Star Wars Episode V- Trials of the Empire, Star Wars Episode VI: Rise of the Jedi (Each of these takes the original story of Star Wars and adds the Buffy Characters to certain aspects)
- The Key, the Dark-Hunter, and the Link by sevangel: After moving to New Orleans, Dawn quickly finds herself thrust into a new world that feels oddly familiar. Daimons and weres, she can handle; one overly bossy, protective god/man named Ash, not so much. Add in one spoiled demon and you get her new life.
- Waifs and Strays Series by vidicon: Joyce Summers meets a man on her first day in Sunnydale, who will change her life forever. Multiple crossings in sequels.
- Patchwork Verse by Lisa Roquin: When a broken hearted girl makes a wish, Xander and Daniel get sucked into it’s world-altering web. (Lisa Roquinhas removed her stories from the internet so you can’t find them anymore, but as it was one of my favorites I had to add it. She also never finished it as far as anyone can tell, which is a shame because she was an amazing writer. I have these downloaded in pdf/epub/mobi format if someone wants to read them)
- Tales from Atlantis by Jaded:This started as a collection of ficlets, Tales from Atlantis, and morphed into additional one-shots for character back-stories and events. Hopefully, I will eventually have stories of the SGC counsel team but for now…
Back to a Reason
Jon Tyler, clone of Jack O’Neill, goes to England as a representative of the Stargate program.
Carry on My Wayward Son
Ronon snoops and finally puts part of his past to rest.
Tales from Atlantis
Sometimes, Evan Lorne was fairly certain he didn’t deserve this.
Stranger(s) Like Me
Dawn meets her biological father over the holidays…
- What was Once Lost is Now Found by Rivan Warrioress: When Jethro Gibbs discovers that his unborn child survived the accident that killed her mother and sister, and was adopted out without his knowledge, he takes his team and heads to a town called Sunnydale to track her down. Her Name? Willow Rosenberg.
Until Next Time!