Well this wasn’t the Blog that I had planned to post today, but … As I’m sure you’ve noticed here in the USA we have a day for everything. So I saw this one this morning while I was scrolling through an email. What’s even weirder about it is that this day was back in June. June 8th to be precise. I’m staring at my email and thinking… well you’re a little late for this heads up. But I decided to do something anyway.
I’ve had quite a few friends over the years, but only a few of them I’d consider my best friends. Mainly because I’m pretty much an introvert that doesn’t really talk to people unless I absolutely have to. So meeting new people to make friends with is hard for me. And I’m not going to lie… quite a few of my friends that I do have are quite a bit younger than me… because I went back to college/university later than most did.
- The first person that is on my Best Friends list is one of my childhood friends, Christina Hampton. We’ve been friends since the fourth grade… I think. It’s been a long time. I’m pretty sure its been around 20 years or so… and if this doesn’t show my age I’m not sure what does. We’ve been through thick and thin together her and I. I’m even the Godmother for her daughter. She’s someone that I can talk to about something … not talk to again for like 2 months and then pick up the conversation right where we left off.
- The next person that is on my Best Friends list is one of my first friends that I made in College, Katelynn Garibay. We met during her first semester there in Spanish class. What I didn’t know at the time was that she was barely 16… or going on anyway. And was taking college classes at the same time that she was taking her home school classes to graduate from high school. Katelynn was an inspiration to me because of her dedication to school as well as making sure that she was busy in her extracurriculars. We’ve had a blast her and I two summers in a row in Puerto Rico along with so many others from our Puerto Rican Family! It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other but I know she’s doing great out there.
- The third person on my Best Friends list is Jaxine Bellah. We met during her first semester at Texas A&M – Corpus Christi. She was a baby still, only 18 years old. But I love her any way! 🙂 We bonded over our love for reading and 4 years later and we still haven’t parted ways. We love being able to geek out over new reads and movies that we love to watch. One show that she got me hooked on was Pretty Little Liars… Now I just have to catch up to the current season. There are even certain professors that think it’s weird to see one of us and not the other, one that even automatically adds both names to the top of an email. I believe she thinks we’re a packaged deal.
- The fourth person on my Best Friends list is Rosie Arambula. Another friend that I met at Texas A&M – Corpus Christi. We met during one of the many classes we took together as History majors. Actually Rosie, Jaxine and I had quite a few classes together. I think it was the bonding over of the long and tedious readings that helped our friendships. Now Rosie is actually one of my friends that isn’t younger than me. We bond over the fact that we’re older than most of the other students and enjoy some of the same things.
- The fifth person on my Best Friends list is Clarissa Reyna. She is someone that I met in Beeville at Coastal Bend College and re-met during a TRiO SSS event outing. We had a fast friendship. And while I haven’t seen her in a while I know that we can pretty much pick up where we left off.
- The last person on my Best Friends list is Kelsey Silva. Kelsey and I have been friends the least amount of time out of everyone on my list, but it doesn’t matter. We seemed to click anyway. We met at school where she was a graduate assistant with TRiO SSS. Over the past few semesters we have gotten to know each other and even though she’s leaving soon to go on the adventure of a lifetime… Studying Abroad in another country. I know we’ll text or message back and forth through out. If only for her to get ideas for what to read next.
Well that’s all of them… for the most part. Like I said I’ve got quite a few friends that I talk to, but for the most part these 6 are my besties. This doesn’t include my family, like my sisters or cousins or aunts. Because I love them all to pieces and I know that I can count on them for anything. But these 6 I’m not related to and they don’t have to be there for me but they are anyway.
Also, on a side note… I’ve just realized that I cranked out almost 1000 words for this blog. Do you know how hard of a time I have trying to do a 500 word essay at the drop of a hat. Talk about priorities!
Well that’s it for today. Until Next Time!