Well here we are back from winter break and coming into not only a new year but also a new semester. This semester seems to be creeping up on me fast than usual, but that could be because as a graduate assistant I came back to campus starting January 2nd. I’m not sure where most of ya’ll are, but for most of my break we’ve had pretty mild weather. Even our Christmas was in the mid 60s. However, starting New Year’s eve we had temperatures as low as 26 degrees. and lasted almost a week. For a south Texas girl that is way too cold, it wasn’t even comfortable enough to light a fire and sit outside and enjoy, it was a wet and icy mess.
I’ve learned the last few semesters in Graduate school that having goals was a great motivator. When I saw this on DaniDearest‘s blog I loved the idea. The goals gave me something solid to work towards and something else to focus on. Last semester I accomplished 11 out of the 15 goals that I set, not too bad.
Making my goals public like this was the perfect way for me to be held accountable for them. Before this last semester I’ve never set goals and never so publicly before. And doing so helped me.
So with the goal of doing better than I did last semester in completing these goals here are my goals for the Spring 2017 semester:
- Get at least a B in my classes.
- Try and get my assignments done before the day they are due.
- Work out at least 2 times a week.
- Try a fitness class on campus.
- Spend more time with my family and friends.
- Actually stick to my budget. (for food, or other things)
- Cook more, and take my own lunches for school.
- Reach my activity goals on my watch each day/week.
- Post on each of the days I’ve assigned a post on HomeTownGirlWriter.
- Save at least 10% of my paychecks each week.
- Make my bed and pick up things in my room each morning. (In my hope for a clean room/house.)
- Take time for myself each week.
- Open my planner everyday and make sure it’s completed for the upcoming week.
- Have saved at least $500 in my savings account by the end of the semester.
- Go somewhere I’ve never been before.
Well let’s see how this turns out this semester. Especially since I added a few more than last semester. Question of the Day: What are some goals that you set for yourself? Do you do them by academic year, semester, monthly or weekly? Comment down below.
Until Next Time!