So now that you’re in college, you have no doubt figured out that you now need things that you didn’t before, but you seldom realize that you need it until either you need it or the day before.
Unlike in High School or Jr High, you do not get a supply list given to you for you semesters. Every now and then a professor will tell you on the syllabus that there are specific items you need for their class, but that is it. You also don’t seem to need the amount of supplies that you did for them either.
If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you read that I’m in graduate school right now and I’m finally at that point where all I really need every semester is a notebook and some pens besides my school books, which I’m excited to say is only 3 this semester! One of the best things to do would be to wait until after classes have started to buy the bulk your supplies, because inevitably your professor will ask for something off the wall. But also because school supplies will go on sale after school has started.
But exactly do you need going into college?
- Backpack or Large Purse (I’ve used both)
- Planner– I can’t recommend using a planner enough to incoming freshmen or even those who have been going to school for a while. Even if you’ve never had to use one before now, you don’t understand how organized it’ll keep you.
- 3 ring binder– depending on your class load you may need one for each class, or if you were able to spread your classes between days then have one for you classes on one day and another for the other days.
- two-pocket folder with or without brads
- Notebook Paper
- Spiral or Composition Notebooks
- Pens (I recommend multiple colors)
- White out
- Post-it pads
- highlighters (also multiple colors)
- mini stapler and staples
- headphones or ear buds
- reusable water bottle and portable coffee mug (Starbucks will give you a discount for being green and bringing your own cup)
- laptop (not entirely necessary but very useful to not have to borrow or rent one to write your papers and do your homework on)
- printer (again not necessary but it’s useful to have)
- printer paper
- flash drive (the more gigs the better)
What do supplies do you think are absolutely for college? Comment down below. Until Next Time! Tabby