So I have always been a big advocate of reading and literacy in general. And in support of Read Across America Day I decided to do a post of my favorite Children’s/YA books. I’m not putting these in any real order of favorites just listing them as they come to mind.
- Harry Potter Series: I actually didn’t find this series until it had already released a few books. I was actually in High School and had to read it for a lit crit class. However, as we all know some books can do, I was snagged and fell in love with the entire world. So much so that I wouldn’t read anything else and even got my mother and sister to read them.
- Little House on the Prairie Series: I grew up on this series and with watching the TV adaptation to it. I still read them to this day when the mood strikes me.
- The Percy Jackson Series: This was another series that I didn’t find until the books were already mostly all published. But like with the Harry Potter books it pulled me into a world that I really didn’t want to leave.
- Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus Series: After the conclusion of the previous series I was so excited to learn about this new one being released. It gives a whole new life to the series.
- American Girl Series: Growing up I used to love to read about girls who would go on adventures and do so many amazing things. I also love the fact that they come out with new ones even now.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events Series: Now this series was a surprise to me. I didn’t actually read it until after the movie came out. While I liked the movie I new that the books had to be better. So I read them and couldn’t get enough of them.
- The Chronicles of Narnia Series: This is another wonderful series that I love. I also loved it when they came out with the movies. Bringing to life so many of the wonderful scenes that played in my head while I read along. I’m hoping for a new movie again soon!
- The Hunger Games Series: This is another series that I didn’t read until after the second movie had come out. However, after the ending in Catching Fire I decided I couldn’t wait until the next movie to find out what happened next, so I dove into the books starting with the first one and not putting them down until I was done.
- The Dark is Rising Series: I actually didn’t even know this was a book series until a few years ago. But after watching the movie again I decided to see if there was a book that the movie was based on and low and behold a series unfolded for me.
- Time Quintet Series: This is another book series that I grew up reading. I would read and re-read A Wrinkle in Time until I discovered that there were more books in the series. (there is even more books in a different series that connects to this one!) I remember when the made for TV adaptation came out and now there is a new movie in the works (even if it’s a remake of the other movie.) I’m excited to see how it goes.
As you can see I love many different types of books. I love to read and love to encourage reading of any kind. Whether that is comic book series that holds you interest or manga or just good old fashion books. Reading is something that should be encouraged. Never let someone tell you otherwise or that you shouldn’t be reading something. Question of the Day: What is your favorite book series? Comment down below.
Until Next Time!