This is my end of month Wrap up for January. On here you will see what’s been going on in my life, what I’m reading both for school and for fun, what I’m listening to and what is on my to read list. I’ll also be posting a list with what I’ve posted in the past month to give you an idea of what you might have missed.
Well this month has been one heck of a month. From my busy work and school schedule to me getting injured it’s been hectic to say the least.
Going on in my Life:
- I started up the new semester… again. I know… I need to have my head rechecked.
- I got some new toys this month. First I upgraded my phone to the new iPhone 7 plus, then I also upgraded my apple watch to the new series 2 edition (I can actually go swimming and shower with it on… not that I will but at least I’m not that worried if it gets wet in the rain anymore.)
- And my biggest purchase was to finally get me my dslr camera. I’ve been wanting one for years and just never was able to get it. But I finally did and I’m super excited about it. I got a Canon Rebel T5i and I can’t wait to play around with it!
Below is a list of things that I’ve read, am reading, am listening to, and is on my to read list. I’ve also linked each one so that they are easier for you to find.
Books I’ve Read in January:
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- #Blur by Cambria Hebert
What I’m Currently Reading:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling: This will probably be on the list for a while, because I’m reading this to my little cousin a chapter at a time before bedtime. She’s enjoying it, so I don’t mind going slow. I love it because this is the new edition with all the pictures for her to look at while I read.
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
Books I’m Reading For School: (This is the overall book list for my Grad School masters program) Not gonna lie… when I saw that I only had to buy 10 books for classes this semester I just about jumped for joy. Of course this isn’t counting the readings that the professor tends to spring on us during the semester from ones she has on reserve at the library. But this is the list that was given for the two classes I’m taking.
- Poor People’s Movements
- “The Long Civil Rights Movement”
- Common Sense and a Little Fire
- To ‘Joy my Freedom
- Polluted Promises
- Invisible Hands
- Killing for Coal
- At the Dark End of the Street
- March on Washington
- Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?
- Twenty Poems That Could Save America
- Serious Daring
What I’m Listening to (Audible): (this depends on my mood)
- Because of Low by Abbi Glines
- Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yance
- #Heart by Cambria Hebert
What I Finished on Audible:
I’m not going to lie, with the exception of every now and again, I’ve been listening to YouTube videos while I drive.
To Read list:
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt
- Broken Prince by Erin Watt
- Dirty Princes by Vanessa Waltz
- Distant Desires by Cambria Hebert
I have to say this list isn’t getting any smaller.
Favorite Blog posts that I’ve discovered this month:
This month I actually stumbled onto a few new blogs. I’ve been enjoying the others that I check daily, but I found a few more to add to my list.
- HERE’S HOW TO ACTUALLY GET TO THE GYM THIS SEMESTER by Abigail @ Living the Gray Life: She also has some other great posts that you should check out.
- SophieSuite: I have been loving her blogs, they are a delight to read.
Finding Study Inspiration by Callie leigh @Bottled Creativity: I’m always up for learning new ways to inspire myself into studying… or you know bribing myself. Which ever works. Callie has some great ideas for the college student… even the grad student.
My Posts this month:
- Dirty 3o’s: Things to do during my Birthday Year
- Like A Memory Cover Reveal
- #Player Review
- Semester Goals: Fall 2016 Update
- Instagram Challenge
- Back to School Blues
- I’m Doing the 21 Day Shred
- #Selfie Review
- #Blur Blitz Release
- My Morning Routine: Winter Break Edition
- Week 1 Progress…What happened to me
- Shows I’ve Rewatched/Binged Watched
- #Poser Review
- Semester Goals: Spring 2017
- DIY Subscription box: BFF Book Box Edition 2
- Subscription Box Review: Aspyn Ovard Box
- #Blur Review
- What’s on my iPhone 7plus
- What’s in my Gym Bag
- Monthly Favorites: January
You can find any of these on my main page and scrolling through my posts!
Also just for fun I thought I’d show ya’ll some of my pictures from Snapchat that I loved this month!
Until Next Time!