So now that it’s a new year I’ve been seeing people everywhere post gym pictures and start off their New Year Resolutions in staying fit, and going to the gym more. I’m more of a not gym person and prefer to do fitness videos or workout outside. But I do keep a “gym” bag in my car for few times that I do actually go to the gym, as well as for when I end up in an emergency and get some thing on my clothes… or for those days when I just need a spare change in the car. It’s a nice security to have.
I know most people only keep their clothes and maybe their running shoes, but since I use this as more than a gym bag this is what is in mine:
- Extra clothes: I keep a sports bra, underwear, workout shirt, and yoga pants. Not only can I wear these for the gym but if something happens to the clothes that I’m wearing then I can change.
- Extra Shoes: I have several pairs of running/gym shoes around the house, when I decided that I needed to have a bag in the car I through in my extra shoes just in case.
- An ankle and knee brace – because lets face it, I’m an accident waiting to happen and it’s better to have them there just in case.
- Toiletries: No I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with not showering after hitting the gym (not judging!)… but I’m always needing a shower after. So I always keep travel sized Shampoo, Conditioner, body wash and body scrubby, travel Venus razor, toothpaste and toothbrush, travel brush and Bobbie pins, deodorant, hairspray, travel contact solution, travel sized Cetaphil lotion (for body and face). As well as my own body and hair towel. This keeps me clean and if I need to I can use the school showers if needed and still have my own stuff with me.
- Personal products: I know I’m not the only one that has had this happen… there you are minding your own business when all of a sudden you get visited by that monthly visitor. And low and behold you don’t have anything with you. I’ve learned to keep the travel ones in my gym bag. I grabbed mine from the Dollar Tree, but I’ve seen the same ones at both Wal-Mart and Target in the section where you buy all the travel sizes. I also keep body wipes for these times as well.
- Travel sewing kit: This was a smart decision, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve popped a button and didn’t have anything to fix it. This kit has everything from thread and needles to buttons and safety pins. Everything you need to fix small problems.
- travel laundry soap: This is kind of out there, but I got this sample of tide pods in an order that I had placed with Justfab when I ordered a pair of shoes. I thought it was interesting that they would send it but figured it was a great package to through in my gym bag for emergencies.
- Emergency Kit: I grabbed this at Old Navy one day and I thought it was awesome. It includes:
- Hollywood fashion tape
- Deodorant removing sponge, lint removing sheets
- Safety pin, sewing needle and thread, buttons
- Adhesive buttons, hair band, nail file, blister pad, static guard
- Shoe shine sponge, stain wipe, hypoallergenic earring back
- Tarte Athleisure gym kit: I’ve never been one to wear makeup when I’m heading to the gym… or on lazy days for that matter. But this new line makes it so easy. It’s not even a full (or even a half) makeup face, so it’s definitely a go to look for me on a normal day. This limited edition gym essentials kit is one that I love to just through in my bag. You can find it here.
- full size lifted sweatproof mascara in black brown (because holy crap this is essential after all that working out… I hate getting raccoon eyes!)
- travel brighter days highlighting moisturizer
- deluxe quench lip rescue in nude (I love me a good nude … matte lip!)
- fresh eyes maracuja waterproof eye makeup remover wipes (10 count)
I’ve found out the hard way that having a bag in the car is a smart thing to do. Well what do you think? Question of the day: Have you ever found yourself in need of something that wasn’t with you? Comment down below.
Until Next Time!