Well here it is winter break is over and it’s time for the spring semester to start back up again. (And for some reason it’s earlier than it’s ever been, I’m not sure why). Now the reason I call it winter break is because that’s what the school calls it. But here in south Texas it doesn’t really get all that cold with a few exceptions. Heck our Christmas was around 80 degrees this year. One of the things that I love the most around this time is watching the changes in the weather. I love when we’ll get some chilly evenings and we can start a fire in the pit and just sit around outside.
I learned last semester that having goals was a great motivator for my 1st semester in Graduate school. When I saw this on DaniDearest‘s blog I loved the idea. The goals gave me something solid to work towards and something else to focus on. I accomplished 5 out of the 10 goals that I set, for a first attempt I was extremely happy with it.
Making my goals public like this was the perfect way for me to be held accountable for them. Before this last semester I’ve never set goals and never so publicly before. And doing so helped me.
Now, unlike most of my semesters this one for some reason has 16 weeks of classes… I think I counted that right. Especially since they started this semester almost a week earlier than they usually do. (Today’s my first day of classes) So I’m going to do 15 goals… mainly because the first week is really just a prep week for the courses. Let’s see how I do at the end of the semester. Here’s my goals for this semester:
- Get at least a B in my classes.
- Try and get my assignments done before the day they are due.
- Work out at least 2 times a week. (I’m going to make an effort, but we’ll see.)
- Try a fitness class on campus.
- Spend more time with my family and friends.
- Actually stick to my budget. (for food, or other things)
- Cook more, and take my own lunches for school.
- Reach my activity goals on my watch each day/week.
- Post on each of the days I’ve assigned a post on HomeTownGirlWriter.
- Save at least 10% of my paychecks each week.
- Make my bed and pick up things in my room each morning. (In my hope for a clean room/house.)
- Take time for myself each week.
- Open my planner everyday and make sure it’s completed for the upcoming week.
- Have saved at least $500 by the end of the semester.
- Go somewhere I’ve never been before.
Well let’s see how this turns out this semester. Especially since I added a few more than last semester. Question of the Day: Do you set goals for each of your semesters? Comment down below.
Until Next Time!