So I’m not sure about you, but I always seem to find myself searching for snack foods… even when I’m not hungry. So I’m always on the lookout snacks that are actually healthy for you. So when I’m in a pinch I love to search pintrest for recipes that are healthy and I would actually want to eat.
- Grinch Hats: Bananas, Green Grapes, strawberries and mini marshmallows. The amount you will need is dependent on how many you want. I used 12 grapes, 12 strawberries, 12 marshmallows and 1 large banana.
- Snack Tree: For this you will need Granny Smith apples, stick pretzels, red grapes, and cheese. Again depending on how much you want to make is how much fruit you will need. Also, you don’t have to arrange your fruit but I thought it looked cute. I used 1 large apple, 8 pretzel sticks, 2 grapes and 2 slices of cheese. The one in the picture is cheddar, but I’m partial to colby jack too so that might be a good choice as well.
- Avacado Christmas Trees
A fun, festive and healthy lunch idea for kids that are excited about Christmas.Author: Amy @ Feeding FinnCuisine: Festive LunchServes: 4 treesINGREDIENTS
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 1 avocado (mashed)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 slices of cheese
- Spread the mashed avocado over the tortilla wrap and then cut into quarters.
- Using a small star cookie cutter cut out 4 cheese star shapes. Place on the top (tip) of each tortilla wrap quarter
- Place 5 tomato halves onto each quarter to represent the baubles
Well I hope I’ve given you some ideas on how you can snack and still eat healthy. Question of the Day: What is your favorite healthy snacks during the holidays?
Until Next Time!