Welcome to Blogmas Day 3! Today I’m sharing my favorite winter beverage. (No it doesn’t include alcohol!)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- ¼ cup half and half (or replace with additional milk)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5-7 candy canes (pulsed in food processor) you could also use peppermint candies, probably about 20 to 30 of them.
- In a small bowl, combine the hot water and the cocoa powder, stir until smooth.
- Add the bittersweet chocolate, milk, half and half, sugar, and candy canes to the slow cooker along with the cocoa paste. Heat on the low setting for 2 hours, stir every 30 minutes or so. If you notice the chocolate is not melting after the first hour, switch to the high heat setting and let cook the remaining 1 hour on high (stirring every 30 minutes).
- Serve warm with marshmallows, whipped cream, crushed candy canes, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, or chocolate shavings.
Well I hope ya’ll enjoy this recipe as much as I did. I’m hoping if it gets cold enough I can make a batch of this Christmas or New Years.
Until Next Time!