This is my end of month Wrap up for October. On here you will see what’s been going on in my life, what I’m reading both for school and for fun, what I’m listening to and what is on my to read list. I’ll also be posting a list with what I’ve posted in the past month to give you an idea of what you might have missed.
Well this month has been one heck of a month. From my busy work and school schedule to me getting injured it’s been hectic to say the least.
Going on in my Life:
- The school semester is almost over… but that just means that I have some crazy nights coming up for papers and readings.
- I’ve picked up a new line at work, so now I’m selling 3 lines of perfume and cologne.
- Gave my car back and started looking for a one…. eventually.
- In my clumsiness I managed to step into an armadillo hole and not only twist my ankle but also my knee. So I’ve spent the majority of October on crutches. (Sooooo not fun!). I hope to be off of them soon.
Even though it’s been a month since school started, it is still pretty hectic. While I’m an avid reader and can get through probably two or three books a week, having to read the dense material that is required for my master’s program is problematic. First you have the first read, where you highlight the important bits. Then you have the second read where you try to understand what you read the first time. Then if you have time you read it a third time to try and make connections. I’ve never wanted to not read before. This how I described my semester classes on last months wrap up… and I have to say that it’s still pretty accurate. Right now I’m seriously questioning myself and whether I want to and can afford to continue.
I’d like to thank ultimatebibliophile, Devouring Books and Lattes, and The Stylish Dreamer for following this lonely blogger! This month has been amazing, I’m up to 15 followers and I’m super excited about it!
Below is a list of things that I’ve read, am reading, am listening to, and is on my to read list. I’ve also linked each one so that they are easier for you to find.
Books I’ve Read in October:
- Good Girl Gone by Tammy Falkner
My reading game is soooo far behind it’s not funny. I’m pretty much at that point where I don’t have time to sleep much less read. I almost got through with the Reed Brothers series by Tammy Falkner.
What I’m Currently Reading:
Books I’m Reading For School: (This is this months book list for my Grad School masters program) These books have had me at times wanting to pull my hair out in frustration and pretty much in tears whenever I see them. I’ve never questioned my sanity more than I have this semester. Mind you I have to read two of these books at a time… sometimes I’m not sure how I keep things straight.
- Into the Archive
- This Bridge Called My back
- Chicana Power!
- Along the Archival Grain
- A Dolores Huerta Reader
- Dust: The Archive & Cultural History
- My Life on the Road
What I’m Listening to (Audible): (this depends on my mood)
- Because of Low by Abbi Glines
- Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yance
- #Player by Cambria Hebert
What I Finished on Audible:
- #Rev by Cambria Hebert
- #Nerd by Cambria Hebert
- #Hater by Cambria Hebert
- My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem
Yes I know I started the series all over again. But it has me on a book hangover!
To Read list:
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt
- Broken Prince by Erin Watt
- Dirty Princes by Vanessa Waltz
- Distant Desires by Cambria Hebert
- The Reed Brothers books 8-9.6 by Tammy Falkner (Almost Done!)
I have to say this list isn’t getting any smaller… I’m pretty sure that besides the Reed Brothers I haven’t touched it yet. … I haven’t even touch a book for fun reading all month, I’m so tired! I just want to sleep for a week and not do anything. I can’t wait until the end of the semester!
Favorite Blog posts that I’ve discovered this month:
- Yet another month that I have to say that I haven’t really been online that much, besides writing my posts. I kind of miss it. I have an entire folder of blogs to read when I have time.
My Posts this month:
- End of Month Wrap up: September
- What to expect: Classes & Grades
- What I’m Reading
- How to Create a Survival Kit
- How to not go crazy: School Edition
- Bookish Bingo: Fall 2016
- So you’re Sick in College
- Halloween Costume Ideas
- My to Read list
- I’ve Been Sorted… Have you!
- Halloween Snack Ideas
- My Harry Potter Life
- My Favorite Workout Clothes
- My Favorite YouTubers
You can find any of these on my main page and scrolling through my posts!
I’m super proud of the fact that I have consistently posted on each of the three day’s that I’ve chosen, with the exception of the 5th… for some reason when I set it to publish it didn’t and I had to do it on the 6th, but I’m getting better at it. I hope ya’ll have enjoyed the blog posts that I’ve created for you and will enjoy the ones to come. Also just for fun I thought I’d show ya’ll some of my pictures from Snapchat that I loved this month! I have to say that I love the Halloween filters!
Until Next Time!