Well Fall is finally here… well sort of. One of my favorite things to do some days is to watch the weather to see what it’s like in other places. I’ve seen some places begin to cool down,like the northern parts of the country. The fall favorites at Starbucks are back in stock and Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming on fast. But considering I live in South Texas you wouldn’t be able to tell. It’s been a hot summer and it seems like our fall is going to be just as hot. Although we have had a bit of a cool down with temperatures in the mid 90’s this week. But you know… what can you do. Guess it’s going to be a shorts and tank top kind of fall… and probably winter too.
But whatever else might be going on the fall semester has began. And with it my 1st year of Graduate school. I’ve seen a few bloggers that do this semester goal post and thought that it might help not only me by getting some solid goals down but also maybe someone else get ideas on what types of goals to set for themselves. This will be my first attempt at this and it’ll be interesting to see what I’ve accomplished at the end of the semester.
Now I’m not sure about you but goal setting has never been one of my top things to do. Especially, making them public like this one will be. But I’m hoping that doing it this way will help keep me accountable for what I’m doing and help me get things done.
Ok, like most semesters (well the regular ones, not the mini-mesters they have going on.) my semester consists of 15 weeks of classes. However, considering that I’ve only got 9 weeks left I’m going to set myself 10 goals that I would like to complete and give you a follow up them by sharing my results when the semester is over. Here’s my goals for this semester:
- Get at least a B in my classes.
- Try and get my assignments done before the day they are due.
- Work out at least 2 a week. (I’m going to make an effort, but we’ll see.)
- Spend more time with my family and friends.
- Actually stick to my budget. (for food, or other things)
- Reach my activity goals on my watch each day/week.
- Post on each of the days I’ve assigned a post on HomeTownGirlWriter.
- Save at least 10% of my paychecks each week.
- Make my bed and pick up things in my room each morning. (In my hope for a clean room/house.)
- Take time for myself each week.
Well that’s it for today’s Blog. I hope this has inspired you to create your own goals for your semester. Let’s see how this turns out at the end of the semester.
Until Next Time!