So since I’ve been on a healthy living kick lately I though I’d do a post with 5 easy and healthy snack ideas. I’m all about easy food options, but if I let myself I’d probably end up snacking on oreos, chips, and sour patch kids. But instead I’m going to give you some ideas that are quick, easy and healthy for you.
- Fruit – This is probably the best thing that you can snack on. Just be careful which ones you eat, because some of these are high in sugars and that will be counter productive. But still better than downing that back of Doritos.
- Yogurt – This is a sweet treat that can be had at any time of the day, whether it’s for breakfast or as a snack. If you want to add extra in this grab up some fresh fruit and put it up on top for more yummy goodness!
- Granola – Another thing that you can add to the top of your yogurt if your in a yogurt mood. But it can also be eaten by itself.
- Hummus – I will agree that this is probably not for everyone. But if you give one of the flavored ones a try they are really good. And they have so much protein that its an awesome option. Grab a handful of pretzels or pita chips to dip in them or if you want to go really healthy grab up some sliced bell pepper and just dip that. It really is one of my favorite snacks!
- Mini Veggie tray – I love this as afternoon snack idea. What I imagine for this would be getting a plate and grabbing some veggies and having fun making it look fancy. Grab some cherry or grape tomatoes, some baby carrots, some snap peas, cucumbers, some bell peppers (if you grab all four colors then you’ll have a veritable rainbow on your plate!) Not only is this a great singles snack, if you make enough invite some friends over and have a potluck snack study night. Have everyone bring a healthy snack and keep each other honest and on the healthy track.
Well that’s it for this edition of eating easy and healthy. I hope I gave you some great ideas. If you decide to try any of these feel free to tag me on instagram (@tabithajeanett), snapchat (@tabbyja) or twitter. (@tabithajeanett) and show me how it went. Subscribe so you don’t miss any of my future posts.
Until Next Time!