Well I figured since I’m doing a back to school haul both for clothes and supplies, that I would do a book haul for those books that I’ve purchased since May. Sooooo…. this post will cover May, June, July, and August. This is kind of exciting for me, I love books, I love looking at new books, old books… pretty much any type of book.
- Never Been Series by C.M. Kars – This series was amazing… I literally binge read these books over a two day period. I think I slept a total of 5 hours both days so I could stay up and read all three books.
- Is it Night or Day? by Fern Schumer Chapman – So during last semester one of the classes that I took was a Holocaust class. While some of the readings that we had to do were hard to take, I’ve always been interested in the subject. I actually heard of this book long before I took the class and it took me a while before I could find it. It was on a show from the OWN network called Lost and Found. This book was amazing and I recommend it to you all to read.
- Holding Her Hand by Tammy Falkner – Soooo… this is book 9 in a series called the Reed Brothers. I hadn’t even realized that it had come out when I stumbled across it.
- Yes, You by Tammy Falkner – Yet another book from the Reed Brothers series.
- Always, April by Tammy Falkner – And another… What can I say? It was a busy semester and I forgot to check on what was coming out.
- #SWAG by Cambria Hebert – So this book was amazing. It is one of the GearShark Series books. This book series is a spin off of the Hashtag series. You even get some of the same characters (Ok, more than some… pretty much all of them.)
- Up in Flames by Abbi Glines – This book is the last installment of her Rosemary Beach series. I actually put off reading this one because I didn’t want it to end. But I finally read it. All that’s left from this series is a novella that will be coming out… soon I hope.
- Once Upon a Time In Scotland by Kam McKeltar – This is the last book in the MacLarens of Balmorie series. I hadn’t even realized it was out when I was looking for something new to read and found it.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith, Jane Austen – Well… I decided to buy this after I finally got around to watching the movie. I loved the movie and new that the book was probably better so I got it.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne – Do I even have to say why I bought this. While I wasn’t entirely happy with the way it was written I did enjoy it. Be on the look out for my review that should be coming out soonish.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh – I actually got this one because I’ve been seeing it everywhere and I’ve read some pretty good reviews on it.
- The Shelf Life of Happiness by David Machado – I haven’t actually gotten around to reading this one yet. It looked pretty good so I thought I’d try it out. I’ll let y’all know how it was and will probably do a review on it.
- Under the Lights by Abbi Glines – I got this one to keep going in her Field Party series. She is such an amazing writer that you should all check out!
So these are the books that I bought during my summer vacation…. I think. I’m not going to lie the majority of them were bought so that I could keep up on a few of the series that I read. I got so behind on reading during the semester that it wasn’t funny and a few of the book series that I read released some new additions that slipped by me. So I used the summer to catch up on them. Of course now that a new semester has come again, we’ll see how much time I have for reading… things that I want.
Until Next Time!